Monday, June 1, 2009

Party like the Irish


I was in the middle of graduate school in Architecture when I had a fabulous opportunity to travel overseas. So a classmate and I were on our way to Barcelona and decided that we were going make a couple of pit stops in Dublin and then London for a couple of days. I have never been overseas prior to this new adventure so I had all kinds of nerves and anxiousness about what kinds of experiences I was going to encounter. Landing in Dublin was a whirlwind, raining of course, and the honking roll along suitcase I had was such a marvelous idea in theory, but after a quarter mile on cobblestones it was a complete nightmare. There is a reason why people wear backpacks while backpacking. Learned that lesson the hard way. So after a long evening of bar hopping and enjoying hanging out with the Irish (which by the way was so much fun) I was looking forward to passing out. It was about 9 o'clock in the morning when I starting hear these strange noises outside the window. (And no, it was not a funny dream from being hung over, for all of those who were thinking that ;) ). So in my half awake stake I pinpointed the sounds to a group of steel kettle drums. Now wait, I thought I landed in Dublin, rained and drank Guinness like I was in Dublin, but maybe I was in Jamaica? After a few minutes of trying to recount the previous day events, I got out of bed and looked out of the window and this is what I saw. The rolling of the kegs down the cobblestones sounded like steel drums! Mind you this was a Tuesday morning!! So for everyone who wants to party hard, party like the Irish!

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous opportunity! And who knew kegs could make music too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow look at all those kegs! Great photo and love the story.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin