Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Tribute to Grandmothers

God has called a lot of Grandmothers home. Our family, my husband's family, and our friends' family have seen a lot of loss this year.

Going Home

When I come to the end of the road and the sun has set for me, I want no rites in a gloom-filled room. Why cry for a soul set free? Miss me a little...but not too long, and not with your head bowed low. Remember the love that we once shared. Miss me...but let me go.

For this is a journey that we all must take and each must go alone. It's all a part of the Master's plan, a stop on the road to home. When you are lonely and sick at heart, go to the friends that we know, and bury your sorrows in doing good deeds. Miss me...but let me go.

Image from: www.eso-garden.com


I love you Grandma, and you will always be in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet. I was never lucky enough to know either of my grandmothers--and I hope that those who have them cherish and enjoy the legacy of family they offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tribute to your grandmother. That is a beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin